- ArmoryBids does not recommend sending payment to anyone who is [Not Verified]. Verification only takes 1 mins and costs $2.00 and can be completed from the My Account > User Verification page in the Members Area. It is an automated process.
- If you are the buyer and the seller is [Not Verified] offer to pay for their verification by adding $2.00 to the auction sale price. If they refuse they are probably a scammer or have been banned before.
- Do not make payment before contacting the seller and receiving a response. If the seller does not respond within 48 hrs, you are not obligated to make any payment
- Ask to see the account online before sending payment. This ensures that the account is legit.
- If the seller is verified, check the phone number area code to see if it matches their profile information.
- We recommend making 2 payments. Half upfront and half after you have received all the account information. This offers some protection incase you are dealing with a scammer. We also recommend using Paypal since you can report them if they are indeed a scammer.
- Sellers must provide all account information including the secret question and answer, login info, email changes, etc.
- If the buyer is verified, check the phone number area code to see if it matches their profile information.
- Do NOT post links to the Armory if you are selling a World of Warcraft account. This is dangerous as someone can report it to Blizzard to have your account banned.
- Block your characters name in any screenshots. This is dangerous as someone can report it to Blizzard to have your account banned.
- You will receive an email from what looks to be Blizzard or another gaming company stating they have found out you were selling your account. They ask you to verify the account information and to send them your username, password and secret question/answer. Blizzard nor any other gaming company will EVER ask for this information. Do not respond to these emails.
- After the sale is complete, the seller uses the Secret Answer to retrieve the account and changes the login password. Make sure you get the Secret Question and Answer so they cannot do this.
- Stolen Paypal accounts. A user pays for an item using a stolen Paypal account. If you are the seller ask the buyer for the paypal email address they are going to use. Send an email to this email address and have the buyer reply to it. If it goes well, proceed with the transaction. If you do not receive a reply it might be a stolen account. Make sure to check that the email address they said they were going to use with Paypal is the same one they actually pay you with. Do not believe them if they are saying your email is not being delivered.
- Someone will contact you claiming they are a representative of Armorybids.com. This is a complete scam. Armorybids will never contact sellers to buy their accounts or buyers to sell them an account.
We will add other scams to this page as they are reported.